Moose Fort Journals 1783-85
Author: Edwin Ernest "E E" Rich (1904-1979) editor
Publisher: Hudson Bay Record Society
xxx+392+iv pages with 3 fold out maps, appendixes and index. Royal octavo (9½" x 6½")issued in blue cloth with spine lettered in gilt. Edited by E.E. Rich, Assisted by A.M. Johnson. Introduction by G.P. de T. Glazebrook. Hudson Bay Record Society volume XVII. Number 1549 of a limited edition.
A fort was built near the mouth of the Moose River on James Bay North East Ontario, Canada, by Charles Bayly, governor of the Hudson's Bay Company, in the early 1670s. In the struggle between the English and French in Canada, the fort changed hands several times and shortly after 1696 was destroyed. In 1730 the company built a post close to the ruins of the original fort. This post has been in continuous operation to the present day. This is the first publication of the Record Society to deal specifically with affairs at the "Bottom of the Bay."
Pages unread. A very good to fine copy without jacket as issued.
We Also Recommend
Fray Juan Crespi : Missionary Explorer on the Pacific Coast 1769 -1774
Clara y sucinta exposicion del pequeño catecismo : impreso en el idioma mexicano siguiendo el orden mismo de sus preguntas y respuestas, para le mejor instruccion de los feligreses Indios, y de los que comienzan á aprender dicho idioma
Ordenanzas para el govierno de la labor de monedas, que se fabricaren en la Real Casa de Moneda de Mexico